What is a PLN?
A Professional Learning Network (PLN) is a self-built web of contacts created for the purposes of learning, development, and sharing topics of interest. One can connect to colleagues within his/her PLN by utilizing a variety of technologies and this website will teach you the basics for getting started.
"A professional learning network is a vibrant, ever-changing group of connections to which teachers go to both share and learn. These groups reflect our values, passions, and areas of expertise."- Briana Crowley [High School English Teacher and Technology Coach in Hershey, PA]
Why should you create your own
Professional Learning Network?
- To continue learning and developing professionally
- To form relationships and connect with other educators
- To get advice from other professionals
- To get inspired
- To share ideas
- To collaborate with educators and professionals from around the world
- To do something more productive in your limited free time